If you are wondering ¿Why should I invest in Panama real estate? There are many reasons, such as:
- Panama does not suffer natural disasters.
- Panama has tropical weather all year long. There's only summer and rainy seasons.
- Panama has coastlines on two oceans, the Atlantic and the Pacific.
- Panama offers diverse tourist attractions, such as the Panama Canal, Casco Viejo (old city), colonial cities such as Portobelo, countless beaches and islands, rivers and lakes, bio-diversity of plants, animals and more.
- Panama has a fully democratic system of government.
- The Panamanian government promotes economic growth and free trade.
- There have not been any military movements for over 20 years.
- Panama uses the American Dollar as its currency.
- There is a strong investment of foreign multinationals in the country including: DELL, PROCTER & GAMBEL, HSBC, INELECTRA, MAERSK, UNIÓN FENOSA, TELEFÓNICA, CABLE & WIRELESS and many more.
- There are excellent tax benefits for Multinationals.
- With the current Panama Canal expansion, several Multinationals are expected to establish themselves in the country.
- Panama has the largest banking center in the region, with over 144 banks, most of them international.
- Panama counts with the second largest tax free zone.
- Taxes are much lower than in European and Asian countries, as well as in the United States.
- Any foreigner can own as many properties as he or she wants, just as any Panamanian.
- Exemption from property taxes up to 20 years.
- Panamanian society is tolerant to all the practices of religious creeds, political movements, ethnic groups, and work in peace and freedom with all the different groups that constitute it.